Go Back   EatingWA Forums > General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 18-02-2009, 11:45 AM
EatingWA Member

Default YUMMY BBQ

Not sure if anyone has posted or not but Yummy BBQ but these guys are the best!

Just remember with any place to ask if the dish is fresh or turn up early (generally a good idea due to the line). I've had ordinary dishes from a few of the places mentioned in earlier posts (I even found a cockroach when I was picking up the last crispy bits from a fried squid - almost ate it. Ew!). But the majority of the time is that I've rocked up on a day that isn't busy or late in the day.

Check out the squid, pork spare rib, siu mai, char siu pao, scallop or prawn dumplings, prawns with mayo and the clams when you can get them (weekends only) and if you don't drink the tea - try it cos it makes it go down so much better and if you've eaten more than your fair share it goes a long way to getting you back on your feet.

You can find them in Myaree/Melville near the McDonalds and Melville Fresh on Leach Highway.

Yum Sing!!!

David.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
EatingWA Member

Yummy BBQ.

Not too bad. Note: If you have children, the man at the front gives them the evil eye if they make too much noise ( in his opinion). Eg, clacking chopsticks together while seated at the table. My sister has boycotted the place due to the fact he was so nasty to her kids.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:14 PM
EatingWA Member

The chef from Hoi's is now at Dim Sum Cafe in Northbridge.

Most excellent.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
EatingWA Member

i think HINZ seafood chinese restaurant is one of the best dim sum places in perth

just been there last weekend and god the dumplings were delicious!!! there also are a wide varierty of dim sums where you can not eat at other places. there's just so much you can eat there.

new dragon palace is also one of the good places. there prawn dumplings are very good.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
EatingWA Member

Fav Restaurant: Gala Restaurant, Applecross

omg...HOI'S IS BACK!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 AM
EatingWA Member

I agree withy Hinz Chinese Restaurant on Lake St, Northbridge (next to old IMAX).

Sign at front reads Dim Sum Chef from Sydney and $4 special on all dim sum during May (excluding mother's day) - never been there for lunch yet though.

A selection of banquets to choose from - my family ordered the $298 banquet for 10 people which seemed best value for money.

The interior decorations is modern and a bit classy compared to the price of the meal, a +1 for hosting guests. Seem to be packed every night, even during weeknights so best to make reservations so I've learnt.
Old 20-05-2009, 11:06 AM
EatingWA Member

Does Hinz do dim sum on weekdays?
Old 29-05-2009, 07:46 PM
EatingWA Member

Checked out Dim Sum Cafe today (the new Hoi's). Very nice decor, the food is still excellent. Prices have gone up (but then, they closed quite a few years ago) but still quite competitive compared to others.
Old 30-05-2009, 05:20 PM
EatingWA Member

Fav Restaurant: Nine Fine Food

This thread has gotten a lot of responses so I thought I should check what all the fuss is about. Ok...Sorry to admit it...but I'm pretty much a typical "Aussie Eater"...I am trying to expand my food horizons and have been trying new places and LOVING all the new flavours...
WHAT IS YUM CHA & DIMSUM!? (Please nobody throw things at me haha) Is it the deep fried things you get at fish and chip shops? (Im guessing no...)
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
EatingWA Member

Nikki1,
You could sortof compare it to spanish tapas or a sushi train (and use this term VERY loosely) in that you get lots of small dishes to make up the meal. The dishes are usually 3 or 4 small dumplings of various flavours and ingredients in a little bamboo or steel steamer basket. These are served from a trolley as the waitress wheels it around the restaurant and she ticks off how many dishes you have had from a docket on your table. There are some fried dishes aswell, though the best ones are generally steamed, with the exception of the squid tentacles. Some people can get a little weirded out by the chicken feet.

Dim sims (the ones you get from the fish and chip shop) are about as authentic as the chiko roll :p