Go Back   EatingWA Forums > Wine & Beer Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
EatingWA Member

Default Favourite beers

I found this discussion really interesting. It is great to see debate circulating around beer and food and preferences. The great thing about exploring beer is that you can get as technical or as casual as you care - ultimately it has got to be enjoyable, tasty and like everything else in life - worth the calories!

My favourite beer at the moment (it changes regularly) is Unibroue Blanche De Chambly - a white wheat beer from Quebec made by a Belgian Brewer and 3 Ravens Blond (a traditional German ale or Altbier made in Victoria - and nothing like Pure Blonde)

For any of you interested in joining like minded beerists and exploring a wide variety of beer styles, I would like to introduce you to the BeerMasons. We are a beer appreciation society and subscription club (bit like a wine club, but different in that we send out amazing beer from Australian and International brewers).

There is also a load of free content on our site that may interest those wishing to learn more about beer.

www.beermasons.com
Old 14-10-2008, 08:41 PM
EatingWA Member

Default Redoak

Brother and sister team in Sydney produce about 40 odd different beers from Framboise Froment all the way through to Barley Wine. My favourite, which I ask for whenever in Sydney, is the Special Strong Ale. Heaps of malt, balanced well with the hops, gets better as it warms. http://www.redoak.com.au Some of the beers like the Organic Heffeweizen, Belgian Chocolate Stout, Organic Pale Ale, Honey Ale, etc can be found in Vintage Cellars stores around Perth and of course the International Beer Shop in Subiaco. Love my wine but a well crafted beer is great value for money with lots of characterics, depth and complexity to appreciate. The bugger is you have to swallow to get the true hops effect No spitting like wine tasting. Enjoy.
Old 19-11-2008, 10:02 PM
EatingWA Member

My favourite beer would have to Bierre Du Buccanier from Belgium

But at 180odd a slab, i tend to drink something a bit more local

Jamies Squire Porter, Little Creatures Bright Ale and Pale Ale, Coopers Extra Vintage Ale.

Sooo many good aussie beer, hard to know where to start

Red Oak IPA
Red Hill Temptation
Holgate Pilsner
Holgate dubble trouble (a decent abbey style ale)

Are a few worth a mention
Old 21-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Wilma

in a word... Perroni