Go Back   EatingWA Forums > Produce, Food & Cooking
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
EatingWA Member

Default Best Homemade-Style Hamburgers

Where in Victoria Park and surrounding areas can you buy tasty takeaway homestyle hamburgers? And what price are they?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:53 PM
EatingWA Member

Fav Restaurant: Emma's on The Boardwalk

I don't get burgers from Vic Park/EVP but you might like to suss out the place opposite the Balmoral Hotel in EVP. There are a few takeaway joints in that precinct and they all get very busy. Maybe it is just the location. I only go there for Thai (Chock Dii Thai - which is now in the Ent Book!).

The only other place that I can think of that has a big trade is the all night place on Albany Hwy near Kent Street. But it has been an era or two since I ate there.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
EatingWA Member

Unhappy dissapointing burgers @ FAB Subiaco -new

On the topic of burgers I went to the new hamburger place in Subiaco in the village shopping centre hoping for a great burger considering the favourable review in the Subiaco Post.
Forget it, very ordinary and pricey for the quality.
Although the meat is quality low fat, the burgers are "tasteless" with poor seasoning of the meat, the sauces are ?from a bottle, and the rolls are bland and airy, even the fillers, beetroot, egg, chesse etc were bland. You even have to pay for the chips on the side. Overall very dissappointing.
Old 15-03-2008, 03:32 PM
EatingWA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink2007
Where in Victoria Park and surrounding areas can you buy tasty takeaway homestyle hamburgers? And what price are they?

The Cafeteria. Best burgers in Perth IMO. Ranges from $8 to $10. Opposite Video Ezy/IGA.
Old 27-03-2008, 11:03 PM
EatingWA Member

I know of a place in Manjimup that does the best burgers i have personally had,
They have about 8 burgers to choose from and there is one called the Big HR which i honestly dont think anyone could get there mouth around it to take a bite!! Very tasty tho and for around $12 or less you can get a combo which is beer battered chips the burger and a can of drink or opt for one of there delicious thickshakes or fresh juice cocktails or smoothies instead.

My burger was the Big HR it had inside a fresh and toasted bun
2x beef patties (half a pound), 2x cheese, roma tomato, gourmet lettuce, onion
pickles and a special sauce.. i struggled with all my might to finish!

So if you ever get a chance to visit or drive through manjimup look for Hobbits Rest, its hidden down the end of an arcade in the town centre..

Old 07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
EatingWA Member

make them yourself?

premium mince
onion
garlic
fresh oregano
eggs
sea salt
seasoned pepper

and whatever else u want, takes about 5 mins?
add some good turkish buns plus some pecorino cheese... and bang? better then u can buy from any place in perth

Old 16-10-2009, 01:31 AM
EatingWA Member

Fav Restaurant: Nine Fine Food
Default Sirocco Restaurant

I realise this is a very old post, but I couldn't see the point in starting a new topic.
My partner and I ordered room service last night from Sirocco Restaurant before the John Farhnam concert. The food was awesome! It arrived piping hot literally about 10 minutes after I had rang... I ordered the beef burger with wedges and it was so absolutely delicious and HUGE. It came with a lean homemade juicy beef patty, egg, beetroot, bacon, salad, cheese and lots of sauce. Just so so good! I was really impressed. It cost $18. Was so big I couldnt finish the meal and I am a big eater! The best burger I have had!!
My boyfriend (now fiance as he proposed last night hehe) ordered a club sandwhich was was also huge with chicken breast, turkey, ham, bacon and salad was also really yum. His came with chips. Everything was so fresh and quick.
Just thought Id spread the word
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
EatingWA Member

Fav Restaurant: Emma's on The Boardwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki1
My boyfriend (now fiance as he proposed last night hehe) ...
Congratulations!!!!
Old 22-10-2010, 01:54 PM
eyecook

Best homemade style burger?
It's definitely my mom's..I love it
because I can add more cheese
and the other toppings as much as
I want..it's the best!